Sunday, May 8

Emma's baptism

We have had such a great weekend here at our house. Nana and grandpa Rocket have been here spoiling the girls and Chris and Krystel have been here. Melissa and Brenden flew in as well. The house has been crowded but it has been fun. Emma was baptized yesterday. For as many times as I performed this ordinance on my mission I could not believe how nervous I was. Luckily Emma was calm and collected. She really is an amazing girl. We had her write her testimony down and copied it as part of the program for the baptismal service. I wanted to include it here for those of you who were not able to attend, "My testimony is, I believe in Jesus the Christ and in God our Heavenly Father and in the Holy Ghost. I believe that the church is true and that the scriptures are true. I believe that the Articles of Faith are true and that the prophets lived. I know that Joseph Smith witnessed Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father in the sacred grove. I know that when I get baptized I am making a covenant with Heavenly Father. I know Jesus was born and died on earth. I believe that we will return to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ again. I know that I can repent and be forgiven of my sins. I know that Heavenly Father has a plan, that is the right plan. I believe that if I choose the right and listen to the Holy Ghost that I can live with Heavenly Father again. I know families can be together forever." What a blessing the gospel is in our lives and what a blessing our girls our to us.

No comments: