Wednesday, May 18

Washington DC

This past weekend we went to Washington DC. I presented some research at the Pediatric Academic Society meeting and Karen and the girls came along. The first two nights I was without my family and stayed at a hostel in downtown DC (always trying to save a little money you know). Let's just say that the experience was interesting. I stayed in a room with four bunk beds and 7 guys from the UK. We all shared one bathroom with the entire floor of four other similar rooms. The rest was not great but I really could not beat the price of $27 per night. When Karen and the girls arrived we went to stay with one of Karen's friends, Camille. She was gracious enough to put us up in her apartment and to spend some time with us while we were in town. While in Washington we went to the National Zoo, the Smithsonian museum of American History, walked by the White House and Capitol; but by far the most exciting part of the field trip was taking off our shoes and playing on the grass on the Mall. We now are all home safe again and are grateful for the history of our country and the freedoms we enjoy because of the sacrifices of those who have gone before us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Andersons!

What a great family website/blog! Well, I was at the PAS presenting research too - I'm sorry we missed out on seeing each other! What was your research about? I had a poster on Child Abuse. Speaking of - I think the section on CAN received some media attention because of research presented about a statistically significant number of deaths secondary to child maltreatment in umilitary families in North Carolina...

Anyway, give the girls a big hug from us - wow, they are growing up so quickly! I can't believe it - I saw Mia and thought she was Mary!

Come see us in the Big Apple! We are super excited - of course Dan has always been the true New Yorker, but I'm catching up quickly!

Diane Bartholomew :)