Monday, June 20

Match Day

We found out last week, after what seemed like forever, that we really will be going to Cincinnati for my pediatric cardiology fellowship. For a long time, and for many different reasons, we have felt that Cincinnati was the best place for us and would be the place we would end up. Even though we have felt fairly confident that we would end up there, it is very nice to have it finalized. Along with the excitement of the news has come the reality of the impending hard work of fellowship. I think we both feel that I need to be at a place that will give me a solid foundation in cardiology and Cincinnati will indeed provide that. The people there are great and I am thrilled to be spending the last part of my medical training in such a great place. Aside from the great training, we are so happy to be moving closer to some of our good friends, Dave and Michelle Hooper. In fact, the girls I think are excited to be moving closer to the Hooper kids, even if their match wishes (to return home to Utah to be spoiled on a daily basis by their Nana and Grandpa Rocket) were not fufilled. Posted by Hello

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and good luck with the move.

It's a wonderful line of work you're devoted to.

All the best.

http://myburningdesire.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I am very happy you guys are going where you want to go even though it is not where I would have you it gives us one more place to visit and four more years to plan for it. (I think we were in NC on your 3rd anniversary)! Congratulations on matching to your first choice!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats and good luck! And say hi to those Hoopers for us. I still have fond memories of regularly fouling DH while playing basketball.