Sunday, December 31

On the third date of Christmas..plus a Christmas surprise

On the final adventure of the season Emma and I attended the Cincinnati Ballet's production of The Nutcracker. The ballet was performed in Music Hall which was decorated beautifully. Although this performance was far from as good as what Ballet West puts on it was still fun to hear some of our favorite music and for Emma to watch the ballerinas. I cannot believe how grown up Emma has become.

The Christmas dates were very fun for me this year. I think the girls really enjoyed them as well. However, they were long forgotten when the real Christmas surprise showed up on Christmas Eve. Nana and Grandpa had bought tickets to Cincinnati several months ago and we had kept it a secret from the girls. I picked them up from the airport on Sunday afternoon and dropped them off about a block from the house. I drove home and sent the kids out to the front yard to play. As soon as they spotted my parents, with my mom wearing a santa hat, walking down our street there was much screaming, running, and rejoicing.

It was nice to have my parents here for Christmas. We had a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner and a very fun Christmas morning. We then spent a few days exploring Cincinnati, something we haven't had time to do since we moved here. We really do live in a pretty great city. You should all really come visit us and we will show you. We really are blessed to have great family and to live where we do.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you. We miss you tons.

1 comment:

Kristen I. said...

Hi Andersons! I enjoyed reading through your blog!!
Bryce mentioned to me that you guys are only about 6 hours from us. Wouldn't it be fun to plan a surprise reunion for Emma and Jaymie? We really have plenty of room here. If you have a long weekend coming up or maybe spring break or something...we'd love to have you come and visit. What do you think? Jaymie would be in heaven!! If you think you could be up for it let me know. I think it would be a lot of fun!!
my e-mail is:
kristenbjj@yahoo.com